2012 National Landcare Awards - 4 Sept 2012 - Voting for the People's Choice Award is now open!
The 2012 National Landcare Awards Gala Dinner will be held at the Darling Harbour Parkside Convention Centre Ballroom on September 4th, 2012.
This year the Awards are part of the National Landcare Conference, which is taking place from September 3rd to 5th. Taking place in the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre during Landcare Week, the 2012 National Landcare Awards celebrate the passion and diversity of Landcare, a grass-roots movement of farmers and community volunteers who protect and restore Australia’s land and coast. 88 finalists representing eight states and territories across 12 diverse categories will be recognised at the event for their work caring for their local environments and educating others about the importance of community action and how it can make a real difference.
The National Landcare Awards showcase the breadth and diversity of Landcare work, and are an excellent opportunity to celebrate the work of people in our communities who make a positive difference to their local environments, irrespective of age, gender or culture.
All Australians can get involved and show their support for their favourite National Landcare Awards finalists by voting in the People’s Choice Award, which will be presented to the finalist who receives the most votes from the general public in the run-up to the big day.
The People’s Choice Award will be presented to the finalist who receives the most votes from the general public in the run-up to the 2012 National Landcare Awards, which take place on Tuesday, September 4th, and you can vote right up to 4pm (EST) on that day. If you have more than one favourite environmental hero, don’t worry, because you can vote once in each of the 12 categories.
You can also show your support for the amazing finalists and help spread the word of Landcare by sharing a story you like on Facebook or Twitter.
NSW has twelve applicants for National Landcare Awards (one applicant in each category). All of them are candidates in the People's Choice Award. Please click on each applicant's name to read about their achievements on the Landcare Australia website.
- Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award - Chris Scott
- Australian Government Coastcare Award - South West Rocks Dunecare
- Toshiba Community Group Award - Balala-Brushgrove Landcare Group
- Westpac Education Award - Corowa South Public School
- Leighton Holdings Indigenous Award - Billa Bunyips
- Australian Government Local Landcare Facilitator Award - Bob Jarmin
- Local Government Landcare Partnership Award - Tweed Byron Bush Futures Project
- Australian Government Natural Resource Management (NRM) Award - Central West CMA
- Rural Press Primary Producer Award - Danny Flanery
- Australian Government Innovation in Sustainable Farm Practices Award - Russell Ford and Rice Research Australia
- Urban Landcare Award - Georges River Combined Councils Committee (GRCCC)
- Be Natural Young Landcare Leader Award - Megan Rowlett
Some information courtesy of Landcare Australia Ltd