NSW Environmental Trust - Rehabilitation and restoration grants - applications close 5pm, 31 Aug 2012
The NSW Environmental Trust is calling for applications for the Restoration and Rehabilitation program. Applications open on 21 July 2012 and close 5pm, 31 August 2012.
The aim of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program is to facilitate projects to prevent or reduce pollution, the waste stream or environmental degradation of any kind, run by community organisations and State and Local government organisations. Through these projects, the Trust also aims to improve the capacity of communities and organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment.
The objectives of the Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation program are:
- to restore degraded environmental resources, including rare and endangered ecosystems
- to protect important ecosystems and habitats of rare and endangered flora and fauna
- to prevent or minimise future environmental damage
- to enhance the quality of specific environmental resources
- to improve the capacity of eligible organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment
- to undertake resource recovery and waste avoidance projects and to prevent and/or reduce pollution
The Trust is also offering workshops to potential applicants to help them develop quality applications.
For more details on the program, including guidelines and applications forms and for more details on the workshops, please click here for the Office of Environment and Heritage Website.